Digital Storytelling for Educators
What is Digital Storytelling?
What is digital storytelling?
"Digital Storytelling" is an emerging term, one that arises from a grassroots movement that uses new digital tools to help ordinary people tell their own 'true stories' in a compelling and emotionally engaging form. These stories usually take the form of a relatively short story (less than 8 minutes) and can involve interactivity. The term can also be a broader journalistic reference to the variety of emergent new forms of digital narratives (web-based stories, interactive stories, hypertexts, and narrative computer games). (Wikipedia)
- 50 Ways to Tell a Story (Alan Levine--CogDogRoo fabulous list of tools and examples!) A must see!
- 64 Sites for Digital Storytelling Tools & Information Julie Greller
- Educational Uses of Digital Storytelling
- Larry Ferlazzo's Best Digital Storytelling Resources
- The Digital Narrative: Telling Your Story
- Digital Directors Guild
- Alec Couros Digital Storytelling Resources
- What Kids Learn When they Create with Digital Media (MacArthur Foundation Webcast)
- Digital Storytelling Resources (EdTechTeacherNing)
- TLSmackdown Resources
- Jeri Hurd's Film Studies Page
- Mashable's 150 Online Video Tools
- Digital Storytelling Association
- Marco Torres' FlickSchool
- Digital Quill Digital storytelling resources for educators
- TechHead Stories
- Guide to Film Language
- Memory's Voices: A Guide to Digital Storytelling.
- The Elements of Digital Storytelling.
- Digital Storytelling Resources (Helen Barrett)
- Web 2.0 Storytelling
- Stories for Change
- Digital Storytelling with the iPad
- PhotoStory for Windows Tutorial (Glenn Cake)
- CybraryMan Digital Storytelling
- CybraryMan Cartoons, Comics, Animation
- Tell a Story with QR Codes
Digital Storytelling with the iPad
Crayola Creative Fun
Digital Storytelling Background
Digital Publishing Tools
VoiceThread for Teaching
YouTube Create Videos
Storytelling Workshop with Gerald Fierst
Welcome to Storytelling with Gerald Fierst. In this workshop, we will share in the magic of creating and telling stories with our voices and bodies. Along the way, I'll offer tips, challenges, and guidelines to help you create your own storytelling activities.
Automatoon (easy animation)
Educause Seven Things You Should Know About Digital Storytelling
Digital Storytelling in the Classroom (Microsoft)
- Improve their writing.
- Show creativity.
- Have a voice.